European Sales Manager (f/m/x), Food industry, DE/FR/EN, Germany or France
What profile are we looking for?
- You have a degree in sales/marketing and ideally have at least 15 years of professional experience in the food industry with leading food companies with brand and/or private label activities on an international level.
- An entrepreneurial personality and expertise in corporate catering: an excellent manager and negotiator with C-level contacts from the food sector, you act both as a conqueror and an ally with your team and customers to achieve sales and profit targets. You have a strong affinity for the food industry, marketing skills and a personal preference for gastronomy and cooking and have excellent communication skills.
- Market and competitive analysis: You have an in-depth network of influencers and decision-makers among the most important service companies in the food or catering industry in Germany, France, Benelux and Switzerland. Due to the company strategy, this position also requires a good command of logistics, industrial constraints and HR and financial compliance.
- Structured and independent way of working: You will work completely independently and in conjunction with your sales team, travelling frequently within Europe. You show a high level of initiative and follow-through to anticipate and understand the specific needs of your external and internal customers.
- Languages: You are fluent in written and spoken German and French and have a professional level of English.
- Developing and managing customers and key accounts in Europe: As part of the European Sales Management, you will be responsible for building relationships with existing Food Service customers and conquering new business and customers in France, Germany, Benelux and Switzerland. You will draw on the company's industrial expertise (3 plants in Europe) and international agreements signed at European level with major key accounts.
- Analysis and strategic development: Based on a thorough analysis of the European market for delicatessen products mainly in France, Germany and Benelux, the competition and the specific needs of the customers, you define and implement the business strategy in line with the company's 2027 strategy. In liaison with the marketing department, you impulse the local strategy for each of the dedicated zones and the dynamics of the product mix with the organisation of the product launch.
- Management and coaching of the sales force: You train, recruit and manage your nine-strong sales team (sales managers, sales representatives and partners). You ensure profitable growth with your team by achieving the sales and profit targets set by the international management team through additional leads, new customers, promotional activities and business agreements that you negotiate at local level.
- Guarantor of quality customer service: you will be a brand ambassador with customers as well as internally (with the company's R&D, marketing, industry and HR departments) around specific business reviews or international trade fairs (Gastrovision, Internorga, Anuga, Sial or PLMA...).
- You can expect varied and challenging tasks in an international, ambitious and dynamic company that is focused on growth.
- This is a permanent position (full-time) to be filled immediately in France or Germany, either in the home office or in the company's plants.
- Travel (30/50%) is expected mainly on the France - Germany and Benelux axis.
- Attractive remuneration and provision of a company car.