Jamestown is a design-focused and vertically integrated real estate investment and management company with a 35+ year track record and $12 billion AUM as of March 2020. Jamestown´s mission is to transform spaces into innovation hubs and community centers. Current and previous iconic projects include Chelsea Market in New York City, or Ponce City Market in Atlanta. Jamestown Europe was launched in 2018 with the goal of acquiring and managing large scale, historic, adaptive reuse projects across Europe. With head offices in Cologne, Germany and Amsterdam, Netherlands, Jamestown Europe made its first major acquisition in 2019 with the purchase of Groot Handelsgebouw in Rotterdam.
- Deal Review: Assist with review of new investment opportunities including market research, review of offering materials and broker communication
- Deal Pipeline: Register and update deals on the Pipeline and Leads List Reports
- Market Research: Conduct market research as requested (Real estate market analysis, comparable property analysis, transaction comparable, etc.)
- Memorandums: Significant contribution to Investment Committee Memorandums
- Underwriting: Build financial models in Excel and Argus utilizing budgets, leases/lease abstracts, expense information, market leasing assumptions, and property information
- Due Diligence: Support the real estate due diligence process (financial, legal, technical) and maintain and update the due diligence checklists
- Abstracting: Review and abstract budgets, financial statements, lease documents, loan documents, or other legal documents as requested
- Deal Closing: Support real estate transaction processes
- Availability to travel to different European countries is required
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited institution.
- Work Experience: Two to four years of experience in institutional real estate management or finance; real estate transaction and/or valuation experience desired.
- Skills: Advanced real estate and financial analysis skills, including advanced Excel modeling and proficiency in Argus.
- Language Proficiency: Exceptional written and verbal communication in English and fluent in at least one additional European language (German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French or Dutch).
- Attractive salary
- Bonus payments
- Employee discounts
- Flat hierarchy