GFA Consulting Group
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open- minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to join our private sector development department.
The consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in francophone and anglophone countries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, business administration, Development Studies or similar);
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation, related to private sector development;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English, French is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of German is an advantage;
- Familiarity with the European development sector (EuropeAid) and the German development sector (GIZ) and an understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.