VAT Compliance Officer
- Southampton, UK
- 24. September 2019
- Ref. FRDJOB2019092407411761
AVASK Accounting & Business Consultants
- Managing a portfolio of clients ensuring that for each client all deadlines are met, the work is carried out within budget and the job is finalised to minimise partner/director review time.
- Taking an active role in practice development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
- Attending training sessions and be committed to CPD, continually developing, increasing knowledge and skills to give the best possible service and advice to clients and internal staff.
- Assisting with billing procedures, debt collection where appropriate and liaison with clients on such matters.
- Providing ideas, innovations and improvements to help improve efficiency, productivity and the quality of services we offer.
- Involvement in sectors such as land and property, NFP, construction, hospitality, healthcare, education, International consultancy and outsourcing, professional services and marketing services.
- Preparing (at different levels and complexity of calculating), reviewing and submitting VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat returns and MOSS returns;
- Assisting clients with European VAT reclaims;
- Providing unlimited VAT advice and consultancy;
- Identifying, preparing and reviewing of voluntary disclosures;
- VAT registrations;
- VAT de-registrations;
- Option to Tax;
- Partial exemption calculations and implementation of methods to ensure compliance
- Acting as the liaison between the client and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Raising awareness and support on Making Tax Digital, HMRC`s compliance requirements, and providing internal support for VAT queries from fellow colleagues;
- Becoming the day-to-day point of contact for clients under your portfolio;
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge in respect of all areas of VAT; including keeping up to date with the appropriate legislation and developments in VAT law.
- Fostering great internal relations across service lines in; Tax, legal Consultancy and Corporate Finance, resulting in direct work referrals.
- Preparing and delivering presentations and VAT training to clients, non-tax and non-VAT specialists.
- Preparing marketing material on varying VAT initiatives such as the VAT package and House of Lords/ECJ cases of interest, as they arise.
- Attending weekly meetings and drafting materials for weekly VAT updates.
- Experience working in VAT/Accountancy/Finance departments.
- AAT/ATT or Degree in Accountancy/Law/Economics (desirable).
- Confident, with excellent communication skills for client interaction and engagement
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Well organised with a proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Work well in a small team, as well as independently
- Excellent multi-tasking ability
Vielleicht interessieren Sie diese Stellenangebote...
- 30. Oktober 2019